Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekly Reading and Literature Dig

I t was really interesting to do the literacy dig this week.  I went to Kroger and spent time walking around checking out the type of people that are there at this time of night.  I was at Kroger on Saturday night at 7pm.  While I was there I noticed that Bloomington has a different type of social group at places like this.  I did see a lot of moms that were there with small children.  But they all seemed like they were just picking up a few things quickly that they may have needed that night or for the rest of the weekend.  For the most part I saw that there were college students that were there that were purchasing alcohol for a party they would be attending that night. It made me wonder how differently a place like this would look if it were not in a college town at this time of night.

I found the reading for this week to be really interesting.  I think that the author really pointed out a lot of things in education that could possibly be holding children back from being able to succeed in the classroom.  I think that it is really important that we are always challenging what is going on in the classroom and see how we can make changes that will ultimately help the students in whatever way possible. I also think that it would be important to get parents involved in what is going on in the classroom so that they are aware of how they can help their students at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment